JUser: :_load: Unable to load user with ID: 97
Author of 31 Days to a Happy Husband and 31 Days to a Younger You, Arlene believes that anyone can experience positive life change. She has appeared on national television and radio programs such as The 700 Club and Turning Point with Dr. David Jeremiah. Arlene and her husband, James, live in San Diego, California with their three children.
Have you ever fought the temptation to dive into a bowl (or gallon) of ice cream to escape your problems? Well, Amy Parham can relate. Before becoming a contestant on NBC’s The Biggest Loser in 2008, food became her friend, her comfort, and her medication. However, that “friend” eventually became her worst enemy as she ballooned to a whopping 229 pounds.
- CALLED magazine, published by DuCille, Inc., DuCille Magazines Division (“Publisher”) will not be bound by any condition appearing on order blanks or copy instructions submitted by or on behalf of the advertiser when such condition conflicts with any provision contained in Publisher’s rate card or with its policies, regardless of whether or not set forth in the rate card.
- Publisher reserves the right to decline or reject any advertisement for any reason at any time without liability even though previously acknowledged or accepted.
- Short Rates. Advertisers will be short-rated if the space upon which billings have been based is not used within the 12-month contract period.
- Agency commission: 15% to recognized agencies. Payment in U.S. currency required. Net due 30 days from invoice date. Interest will be charged at rate of 1.5% per month or, if less, the maximum lawful interest rate, on past-due invoices. New advertisers and/or agencies must either remit payment with order or furnish satisfactory credit references, subject to Publisher’s discretion.
- The advertiser and its agency, if there be one, jointly and severally agree to pay the amount of invoices rendered by Publisher within the time specified on the invoice.
- Orders 30 days beyond current closing date will be accepted only at rates prevailing, and only on a space-available basis (and subject to the other terms and conditions herein). Orders containing incorrect rates may be accepted and if accepted, charged at regular rates. Such errors will be regarded as only clerical.
- All agencies or direct advertisers must supply Publisher with a legal street address and not just a post office box.
- Orders specifying positions other than those known as designated positions are accepted only on a request basis, subject to the right of Publisher to determine actual positions.
- Advertisements in other than standard sizes are subject to Publisher’s approval.
- Rates, conditions, and space units are subject to change without notice.
- Schedule of months of insertion and size of space must accompany all orders and are binding upon advertiser upon receipt unless terminated in writing prior to the applicable closing date(s). So-called “space reservations” are not considered by Publisher as orders or binding upon it in any way.
- Reproduction quality is at the advertiser’s risk if Publisher’s specifications are not met or if material is received after closing date even if on extension. All queries concerning printed reproduction must be submitted to Publisher within 45 days of issue date.
- Advertising film will be destroyed if not ordered returned within 12 months after last use.
- No rebate will be allowed for insertion of wrong key numbers.
- The advertiser and its agency, if there be one, jointly and severally agree that in the event Publisher commits any act, error, or omission in the acceptance, publication, and/or distribution of their advertisement for which Publisher may by held legally responsible, Publisher’s liability will in no event exceed the cost of the space ordered and further agree that Publisher will not under any circumstance be responsible for consequential damages, including lost income and/or profits.
- The advertiser and its agency, if there be one, each represents that it not only has the right to authorize the publication of any advertisement it has submitted to Publisher, but that it is fully authorized and licensed to use (i) the names and/or the portraits or pictures of persons, living or dead, or of things; (ii) any trademarks, service marks, copyrighted, proprietary, or otherwise private material; and (iii) any testimonials contained in any advertisement submitted by or on behalf of the advertiser and published by Publisher, and that such advertisement is neither libelous, an invasion of privacy, violative of any third party’s rights, or otherwise unlawful. As part of the consideration and to induce Publisher to publish such advertisement, the advertiser and its agency, if there be one, jointly and severally agree to indemnify and save harmless Publisher against all loss, liability, damage, and expense of whatsoever nature arising out of copying, printing, or publishing of such advertisement.
- The advertiser and its agency, if there be one, jointly and severally agree to and do indemnify and save harmless Publisher from all loss, damage, and liability growing out of the failure of any sweepstakes or contest inserted by them for publication to be in compliance and conformity with any and all laws, orders, ordinances, and statutes of the United States, or any of the states or subdivisions thereof.
- All orders accepted are subject to acts of God, fires, strikes, accidents, or other occurrences beyond Publisher’s control (whether like or unlike any of those enumerated herein) that prevent Publisher from partially or completely producing, publishing, or distributing CALLED magazine.
- All advertisements must be clearly identified by the trademark or signature of the advertiser.
- Words such as “advertisement” will be placed with copy that, in Publisher’s opinion, resembles editorial matter.
- Cancellations must be in writing. Cancellations not received in writing on or before the advertisement closing date are not binding on Publisher. In the event an order is cancelled, the advertiser and its agency, if there be one, jointly and severally agree that they will still be responsible for the cost of any work performed or materials purchased on behalf of the advertiser. Orders may not be cancelled or changed by the advertiser after the closing date without the acknowledgement and acceptance of Publisher. If orders are not timely cancelled, the advertiser and its agency, if there be one, jointly and
severally agree that they will be responsible for the cost of such cancelled advertisements, including “kill fees” for:
(i) covers equal to the premium charges outlined on the magazine’s rate card and; (ii) scentstrips equal to 10% of the cost for such scentstrip.
- A copy of any proposed insert must be submitted to Publisher prior to printing of the insert. In no event shall Publisher be responsible for any errors or omissions in, or the production quality of any furnished insert.
- The advertiser and its agency, if there be one, jointly and severally agree to reimburse Publisher for its attorney’s costs and fees in collecting any unpaid billings for advertisements.
- The parties agree that the details contained on orders will be treated as confidential or proprietary information and shall not be disclosed to third parties.
- All issues related to advertising will be governed by the laws of the State of Florida applicable to contracts to be performed entirely therein. Any action brought by advertiser and/or its agency, if there be one, against Publisher relating to advertising must be brought in the state or federal courts in Florida and the parties hereby consent to the jurisdiction of such courts.
Last Revised July 5, 2011
Last Revised October 07, 2011
The following User Agreement ("Agreement") governs the use of the CALLEDmagazine.com online service ("Service"), including without limitation participation in its prayer journal, bulletin boards, forums, personal ads, chats, and all other areas (except to the extent stated otherwise on a specific page) as provided by DuCille, Inc. ("Service Provider"). Please read the rules contained in this Agreement carefully. Your use of and/or registration on any aspect of the Service will constitute your agreement to comply with these rules. If you cannot agree with these rules, please do not use the Service. These rules may be modified from time to time; the date of the most recent revisions will appear on this page. Continued access of the Service by you will constitute your acceptance of any changes or revisions to the Agreement.
Your failure to follow these rules, whether listed below or in bulletins posted at various points in the Service, may result in suspension or termination of your access to the Service, without notice, in addition to Service Provider's other remedies.
Registration and Account Creation:
1. REGISTRATION INFORMATION:
Service Provider may at times require that you register and/or set up an account to use certain portions of the Service, or the Service as a whole. In order to do so, you may be provided, or required to choose, a password, User ID, and/or other registration information (collectively, "Registration Information"). You agree and represent that all Registration Information provided by you is accurate and up-to-date. If any of your Registration Information changes, you must update it by editing your Registration profile on the Service.
2. USE OF USER ID/PASSWORD:
If you register and/or set up an account on the Service, you will be solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Registration Information. You may not authorize others to use the Service, and you are responsible for all use by you and those you allow to use the Service. You may not sub-license, transfer, sell or assign your Registration Information and/or this Agreement to any third party without our written approval. Any attempt to do so will be null and void and shall be considered a material breach of this Agreement.
You are solely responsible for all usage or activity on your account including, but not limited to, use of the account by any person who uses your Registration Information, with or without authorization.
3. FEES AND PAYMENTS:
Service Provider may charge you fees for products or services offered for sale through the Service, and/or for access to portions of the Service or the Service as a whole. You agree to pay all fees and charges, including applicable taxes, incurred through your account at the rates in effect for the billing period in which such fees and charges are incurred, including but not limited to charges for any products or services offered for sale through the Service by Service Provider or by any third party vendor or provider (such fees, charges, and taxes shall collectively be referred to as "Fees"). Service Provider reserves the right to change the amount of, or basis for determining, any Fees, and to institute new Fees, effective upon prior notice to you.
If you submit your credit, debit or charge card information to Service Provider upon registration or otherwise, you give Service Provider permission to charge all Fees incurred through your account to the credit, debit or charge card you designate. Any additional Fees (other than renewal fees) will be charged at the time they are incurred. If payment cannot be charged to your credit, debit or charge card or your payment is returned to Service Provider for any reason, including charge back, Service Provider reserves the right to either suspend or terminate your account and all its obligations under this Agreement.
Rules of Usage:
1. USE OF THE SERVICE BY YOU:
- • Unless otherwise specified, the Service is intended for your personal, noncommercial use only. You may not authorize others to use the Service, and you are responsible for all use of the Service by you and by those you allow to use, or provide access to, the Service.
- • The Service contains material that is protected by state, national, and international copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute in any way any material, including code and software, from the Service. You may download material from the Service and may use the Service for your personal, non-commercial use only, provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices.
- • The Service is not intended for users under the age of 18, and Service Provider does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from users under the age of 18. Such users are expressly prohibited from submitting their personally identifiable information to us, and from using our forums and chat areas; any information submitted by such users will not knowingly be used, posted, or retained by us.
- • You agree not to use any obscene, indecent, or offensive language or to place on the Service any material that is defamatory, abusive, harassing, racist, or hateful. Further, you may not place on the Service any material that is encrypted, constitutes junk mail or unauthorized advertising, or commercial offers, invades anyone's privacy, or encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or that otherwise violates any local, state, federal, national or international law or regulation. You agree to use the Service only for lawful purposes and you acknowledge that your failure to do so may subject you to civil and criminal liability.
- • You are responsible for ensuring that any material you provide to the Service or post on a bulletin board or forum or elsewhere, including but not limited to text, photographs and sound, does not violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret or any other personal or proprietary rights of any third party or is posted with the permission of the owner(s) of such rights.
- • The content, organization, graphics, text, images, video, design, compilation, advertising and all other material on the Service, including without limitation, the "look and feel" of this website, are protected under applicable copyrights and other proprietary (including but not limited to intellectual property) rights and are the property of Service Provider, or its licensors. The copying, rearrangement, redistribution, modification, use or publication by you, directly or indirectly, of any such matters or any part of the website, including but not limited to the removal or alteration of advertising, except for the limited rights of use granted hereunder, is strictly prohibited.
- • You may not in any way make commercial or other unauthorized use, by publication, re-transmission, distribution, performance, caching, or otherwise, of material obtained through the Service, except as permitted by the Copyright Act or other law or as expressly permitted in writing by this Agreement, Service Provider or the Service.
- • You agree not to disrupt, overwhelm, attack, modify or interfere with the Service or its associated software, hardware and/or servers in any way, and you agree not to impede or interfere with others' use of the Service. You further agree not to alter or tamper with any information or materials on or associated with the Service.
- • Other than connecting to Service Provider's servers by http requests using a Web browser, you may not attempt to gain access to Service Provider's servers by any means - including, without limitation, by using administrator passwords or by masquerading as an administrator while using the Service or otherwise.
- • You acknowledge that Service Provider has not reviewed and does not endorse the content of all sites linked to from this Service and is not responsible for the content or actions of any other sites linked to from this Service. Your linking to any service or site is at your sole risk.
Service Provider does not necessarily endorse, support, sanction, encourage, verify, or agree with the comments, opinions, or statements posted on forums, blogs or otherwise contained in the Service. Nor does Service Provider or its third party service providers make any warranties with respect to any of the merchandise featured, mentioned, or sold on or through the Service. Any information or material placed online, including advice and opinions, are the views and responsibility of those who post the statements or those who actually sell any merchandise, and do not necessarily represent the views of Service Provider or its third party service providers.
3. USE OF MATERIAL SUPPLIED BY YOU:
4. COPYRIGHT COMPLAINTS:
Service Provider respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. Service Provider may, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, suspend or terminate the access of and take other action against users, subscribers, registrants and account holders who infringe the copyright rights of others.
If you believe that your work has been copied and is accessible on the Service in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or that the Service contains links or other references to another online location that contains material or activity that infringes your copyright rights, you may notify Service Provider by providing the following information (as required by the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. sec. 512) to our copyright agent set forth below:
- • A physical or electronic signature of person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- • Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- • Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Service Provider to locate the material;
- • Information reasonably sufficient to permit Service Provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- • A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- • A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
You agree that Service Provider and its third party service providers are not responsible, and shall have no liability to you, with respect to any information or materials posted by others, including defamatory, offensive or illicit material, even material that violates this Agreement.
You agree to indemnify Service Provider and its affiliates, employees, agents, representatives and third party service providers, and to defend and hold each of them harmless, from any and all claims and liabilities (including attorneys fees) which may arise from your submissions, from your unauthorized use of material obtained through the Service, or from your breach of this Agreement, or from any such acts through your use of the Service.
7. EDITING AND DELETIONS:
Service Provider reserves the right, but undertakes no duty, to review, edit, move or delete any material provided for display or placed on the Service or its bulletin boards, in its sole discretion, without notice.
8. ADDITIONAL RULES:
Service Provider reserves the right to post, from time to time, additional rules of usage that apply to specific parts of the Service. Such additional rules will be posted in the relevant parts of the Service, and will be clearly identified. Your continued use of the Service constitutes your agreement to comply with these additional rules.
9. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE USING THE SERVICE AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", AND THE SERVICE PROVIDER, ITS AFFILIATES AND ITS THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR ANY OTHER WARRANTY, CONDITION, GUARANTEE OR REPRESENTATION, WHETHER ORAL, IN WRITING OR IN ELECTRONIC FORM, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN OR PROVIDED BY THE SERVICE. SERVICE PROVIDER, ITS AFFILIATES, AND ITS THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT ACCESS TO THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR THAT THERE WILL BE NO FAILURES, ERRORS OR OMISSIONS OR LOSS OF TRANSMITTED INFORMATION, OR THAT NO VIRUSES WILL BE TRANSMITTED ON THE SERVICE.
SERVICE PROVIDER, ITS AFFILIATES AND ITS THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ALLEGEDLY SUSTAINED ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE PROVIDING OF SERVICES HEREUNDER, THE SALE OR PURCHASE OF ANY GOODS OR MERCHANDISE, YOUR ACCESS TO OR INABILITY TO ACCESS THE SERVICE, INCLUDING FOR VIRUSES ALLEGED TO HAVE BEEN OBTAINED FROM THE SERVICE, YOUR USE OF OR RELIANCE ON THE SERVICE OR ANY OF THE MERCHANDISE, INFORMATION OR MATERIALS AVAILABLE ON THE SERVICE, REGARDLESS OF THE TYPE OF CLAIM OR THE NATURE OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
YOU HEREBY AGREE TO RELEASE SERVICE PROVIDER, ITS AFFILIATES AND THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM CLAIMS, DEMANDS AND DAMAGES (ACTUAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL) OF EVERY KIND AND NATURE, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, SUSPECTED AND UNSUSPECTED, DISCLOSED AND UNDISCLOSED ("CLAIMS"), ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR USE OF THIS SITE. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542, WHICH STATES, IN PART: "A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR".
10. TERMINATION OF ACCESS TO THE SERVICE:
Service Provider has the right to terminate and/or suspend your ability to access the Service or any portion thereof, for any or no reason, without notice.
Service Provider makes no representation that materials on the Service are appropriate, available or legal in any particular location. Those who choose to access the Service do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
You agree that this Agreement, for all purposes, shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida applicable to contracts to be wholly performed therein, and any action based on, relating to, or alleging a breach of this Agreement must be brought in a state or federal court in Florida. In addition, both parties agree to submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of such courts.
12. CALLED MAGAZINE & DUCILLE INC:
CALLED Magazine and Ducille Inc’s text, photo, graphic, audio and/or video material shall not be published, broadcast, rewritten for broadcast or publication or redistributed directly or indirectly in any medium. Neither these materials nor any portion thereof may be stored in a computer except for personal and non-commercial use. CALLED Magazine and Ducille Inc will not be held liable for delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions therefrom or in the transmission or delivery of all or any part thereof or for any damages arising from any of the foregoing.
If you don't agree to the terms contained in this Agreement, please exit the Service. Please click the Back button on your browser to return to the previous page.
In ministry, it is very easy to get caught up in the numbers. Many of us (and the people who judge us) look at "how many people" attend our services, Bible studies, and events. But we should be very careful. Whether we reach 2 people or 20 million, the question is: Are we reaching exactly who God has called us to reach?
Changing direction is seldom easy. As children, we daydream about who we want to be. As adults, we devote our lives to making our dreams come true. However, what happens when our dreams don’t line up with God’s plan? Do we stubbornly try to create our fantasies, or do we change direction — and follow God?
Purchase a Single Issue
*FREE SHIPPING within the Continental US
Coupon Codes can ONLY be applied to Print Subscriptions
Already a Subscriber?
Modify/Update your Shipping Address
Have you moved since you subscribed to CALLED Magazine, or want your magazine shipped to a different address? Click on "Modify/Update your Shipping Address" to send us your new information.
*Allow up to 2 business days for processing
Recover your Username & Password
Did you subscribe over the phone, by mail, or just never received your login information via email? Click on "Recover your Username & Password" and we will contact you with your login information.
*Allow up to 2 business days for processing